Thursday, December 13, 2007

Are You From Sweden?



It's a beautiful day here in Gerringong, on the south coast of New South Wales on the east coast of Australia. The sun is shining brightly, and so long as I'm in the shade it suits me fine. Curiously, no bands of any significance have come from Gerringong, though once Peter Garrett was once swimming at Werri Beach. I looked out of my window that day and thought, "Hmm. That looks like Peter Garrett. I'd go down for a closer look but the odds of it being Peter Garrett are too low to be worth my while." As it turns out, my poor statistical analysis contradicted the fact that the odds of a seven-foot tall, lanky, completely bald man swimming on Werri Beach being Peter Garrett are actually rather high. It was Peter Garrett.

But aside from that brief moment, Gerringong is not very rock and roll. The weather is very pleasant, which makes up for its lack of musical prominence.

It is currently overcast and -5 degrees celsius in Stockholm, Sweden. And as it turns out, Sweden is cranking out more great music per capita than the Haight-Ashbury circa 1967. As a result, some highlights from Sweden seem like a great place to start this MP3 blog.

I stumbled upon Lacrosse on another MP3 blog, and fell in love with this song. So much so that within three days it became the third most played song on my iTunes. And the songs beating it have been on there for so much longer. It is twee and joyous, but with solid production values. It feels like floating on a cloud of happiness.

You Can't Say No Forever- Lacrosse

The videoclip does the happiness of the song justice. Check it out.



Lacrosse's MySpace

If Lacrosse feels like floating on a cloud, Love is All feel like riding down a staircase in a desk chair. They tear it up live.

Talk Talk Talk Talk- Love is All

Love is All's website

Happy listening.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys have to check out The Kin. I have never seen two singers perform like this. AND GET THIS – they are brothers So much passion, and great lyrics to boot! woozyfly. com/thekin Check him out there. Playing LIVE on this site! You can also check out their live archived videos!

Arielle said...

Hey, there’s a really awesome performance coming up. The Kin are going to be streaming a live show from Sydney exclusively on Woozyfly.com. It’s definitely worth checking out. The show is at 3:00pm if you’re around Sydney (or 1AM, EST).

DollHouse said...

I went to Doll House and had the worst experience of my life. I ordered a dress 3 months before my formal and it didn’t come in. she told me the dress was customized but was told a week before my formal that they could not do it and was told to chose another dress from the shop which upset me as I had my heart set on the dress I ordered. Thank you Doll House for destroying my only formal it was the worst time