Friday, December 28, 2007

Black is the New Black Part Two


Hope all had a Merry Christmas et cetera.

Back to the 'Bands Whose Names Start With The Word "Black"' theme, and today's post brings us to The Black Lips. All the MP3 blogs are talking about them, and they are signed to Vice Records. Personally, I think that having an awfully cool magazine like Vice start a record label has a negative impact on their coolness. I don't know why, but I just think that.

I've heard The Black Lips compared to Los Saicos or The Thirteenth Floor Elevators, but I ain't sure that they are rip-snortingly raucous enough. They do make some pretty good music though.

Cold Hands- The Black Lips

Sorry about the rather annoying promotion at the end of the MP3.

The Black Lips' MySpace.

I'm not a metal fan by any stretch of the imagination, though I am a big fan of Jimi Hendrix, the first person to be described as 'heavy metal' (by the New York Times, for the record). I'm also not particularly a Black Sabbath fan, though I like this song, Paranoid. I also like this clip of them performing it on Belgian TV. It is surprising just how healthy, vigorous and wholesome Ozzy Osbourne looks in it. A sobering message of the dangerous effects of lysergic acid.



Happy listening.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Want to see a group with tons of soul? Check out The KIN right here: woozyfly. com/thekin LIVE!

Arielle said...

Hey, there’s a really awesome performance coming up. The Kin are going to be streaming a live show from Sydney exclusively on Woozyfly.com. It’s definitely worth checking out. The show is at 3:00pm if you’re around Sydney (or 1AM, EST).

DollHouse said...

I went into Doll House for a Sherri Hill dress and I had the worst time. The staff was rude and no help to me they made me feel as if I didn’t belong into their store. I well never return there and I am glad I didn’t purchase my dress from that store.